- sudo apt-get install g++ git automake libtool libltdl-dev python-dev swig python-setuptools (not sure libltdl-dev is needed, but libtool suggested it, so I figured, why not!)
- git clone git://git.apache.org/mesos.git
- cd mesos
- ./configure --with-webui \
- make -j 2 ... ... at some point this will fail while building zookeeper.
- vi third_party/zookeeper-3.3.1/src/c/configure.ac
- comment out lines 25 to 44
- make -j 2 ... ... This will again fail with some libtool version compatibility problems. I don't know the auto* tools well enough to understand why. Posts on the mesos mailing list suggest autoreconf. That worked for me.
- autoreconf -fi
- make -j 2
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
This took me a while to figure out, maybe others have faster ways.. but I am posting it here so it might help others. This wfm as of Tue Jan 31 12:55:17 PST 2012 and commit 079614aea80cfc7282c2a80de6e84c896df776c0. These instructions are for 64-bit Ubuntu Lucid.